Camp Half Titan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Camp Half Titan

Based off of Rick Riordan's Greek stories, this site is a role-playing forum based off of the idea that half-bloods can also be half Titan, half Mortal.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BORED OUT OF MY MIND!

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Romanov57

Romanov57

BORED OUT OF MY MIND! Empty
PostSubject: BORED OUT OF MY MIND!   BORED OUT OF MY MIND! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 9:30 am

I come in, so bored... I sit down in a plush love seat and begin throwing knives at the wall, leaving jagged holes in it. "Sigh...."
Back to top Go down
Your Jedi Master
Admin
Your Jedi Master

PostSubject: Re: BORED OUT OF MY MIND!   BORED OUT OF MY MIND! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 3:18 pm

I walk out of my office. "Young lady, if you do not stop i shall curse you from knife wielding forever." There were knives all over the wall, so i waved my hand, making them all disappear, and the holes to mend. "Verity . ."
Back to top Go down
https://cht-ftw.forumotion.net
Romanov57

Romanov57

PostSubject: Re: BORED OUT OF MY MIND!   BORED OUT OF MY MIND! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 3:20 pm

I blush severely. "Sorry." I mumer under my breathe
Back to top Go down
squishylicious

squishylicious

PostSubject: Re: BORED OUT OF MY MIND!   BORED OUT OF MY MIND! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 11:31 pm

Before I could stop myself, I exited my cabin and made my way over to the den, memorizing every detail of the cabins, grass, and everything. As I neared the Big Cabin, I took in details that made it what it was. Though most couldn't notice, but, there was the faintest chip in the paint on the southern most corner of the north wall, there was also, on the eastern wall, a patch of, about the size of my fist, that was one shade lighter than the rest of the house. I shook my head, I'd be come accustomed to digressing nowadays.

My hand reached out to touch the smooth, cold, surface of the doorknob. When my hand closed around it, I twisted it and pushed. There was the faintest sound of something hitting a wall somewhere upstairs. I dismissed it and clambered up the steps. As I reached the door to the den, it was slightly ajar. I saw the camp's director, Theia, magically removing a set of knives from the wall and repairing the holes. A girl, I remembered her to be Verity, daughter of Eos, looking apologetically, though mostly bored, at Theia.

When Theia disappeared, I walked into the den. Verity looked at me indifferently. I, self conscious, fixed my braid and twiddled with it's tail. Dropping my eyes to the floor and remembering the swirls in the wood I said:

"Um, hi, I'm Demia, daughter of Mnemosyne."
Back to top Go down
Romanov57

Romanov57

PostSubject: Re: BORED OUT OF MY MIND!   BORED OUT OF MY MIND! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 12:28 pm

I look to her and smile. "Hey. . ."

OOC: Powerplaying much?
Back to top Go down
squishylicious

squishylicious

PostSubject: Re: BORED OUT OF MY MIND!   BORED OUT OF MY MIND! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 6:33 pm

I looked up and saw her smile.

"Hey," she told me.

I let a tentative smile form on my lips as I sat down on the couch across from her. I made quick work of fiddling with my braids end again.

"How are you?" I asked, not sure of what to say next. I was never much of a people person to begin with. But maybe it was time to start.

|-11-|

OOC: How so? She's a daughter of Mnemosyne, Titan of Memory. She doesn't forget anything, her memory banks are endless. If she's seen it, heard it, smelled it, felt it, or spoke it before, she'll never forget.
Back to top Go down
Romanov57

Romanov57

PostSubject: Re: BORED OUT OF MY MIND!   BORED OUT OF MY MIND! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 6:51 pm

She gave off an energy of awkwardness that was understandable. "I'm well. You?"
Back to top Go down
squishylicious

squishylicious

PostSubject: Re: BORED OUT OF MY MIND!   BORED OUT OF MY MIND! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 2:22 am

My tentative smile stretched a little across my face. Maybe this wouldn't be a disastrous as I thought it would be. With a relieved sigh I replied:

"I'm fine, thank you. So...what brings you to the den?"

I felt like this would be a good time to remember the floor boards on my end of the room and maybe the pattern the fabric of the couch was.
Back to top Go down
Your Jedi Master
Admin
Your Jedi Master

PostSubject: Re: BORED OUT OF MY MIND!   BORED OUT OF MY MIND! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 7:19 am

OOC: He means that you were controlling what other people were doing. Which, in fact, you did. Theia is still there.

BIC: I roll my eyes, sigh, and leave. As I'm walking out i say, "No more knives in the wall."
Back to top Go down
https://cht-ftw.forumotion.net
squishylicious

squishylicious

PostSubject: Re: BORED OUT OF MY MIND!   BORED OUT OF MY MIND! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 1:13 pm

OOC: ^^; Oh...since you weren't posting...I just...you know...assumed. -covers head- dun keel meh!
Back to top Go down
Romanov57

Romanov57

PostSubject: Re: BORED OUT OF MY MIND!   BORED OUT OF MY MIND! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 1:35 pm

I roll my eyes at Theia and turn back to the girl.
"Just bored I guess."
I twittle a loose end of my hair and say: "So. . . . . .I'm Verity Honora, daughter of Eos. You? "
Back to top Go down
squishylicious

squishylicious

PostSubject: Re: BORED OUT OF MY MIND!   BORED OUT OF MY MIND! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 1:52 pm

I shrugged my shoulders awkwardly. I really didn't have a reason to be here really.

"Well, I guess I'm here just to see if I can meet new people. Hey, mission accomplished," I chuckled.

I racked my memory quickly. I had told her this before, but, hey, sometimes when you don't catch things you don't catch things.

"Oh, Demia Vailes, daughter of Mnemosyne," I replied.

A quick thought jutted into my mind before I could stop it:

Wow, she just may be my first friend aside from my dad...

Man, was I pathetic.
Back to top Go down
Romanov57

Romanov57

PostSubject: Re: BORED OUT OF MY MIND!   BORED OUT OF MY MIND! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 2:32 pm

I nod my head slowly.
"Titaness of Memory. . . . better than the dawn. . . " I say, feeling awkward. The only other half-titan I've interacted with is a hard-headed jerk who murdered a defenseless half-blood.
Back to top Go down
squishylicious

squishylicious

PostSubject: Re: BORED OUT OF MY MIND!   BORED OUT OF MY MIND! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 6:30 pm

I heard her reply and I felt a little sad. Sometimes when the world starts crumbling around you all you have is the dawn. I remember the sun rising over the mountains in Slovenia and it was so majestic that sometimes I would cry.

"I don't know about you but, I can't live a day with out the dawn. It's so beautiful. The sky seems to change colors. Like when the sun first rises but isn't completely up yet, the sky takes on this yellowish color near the horizon then fades to a pastel blue and when you see where the clouds are the sky's a clear blue," I ranted. "The dawn is an everlasting beauty, memories begin to fade over time and you can never trust them fully."

Somehow, the truth of my words hurt me a little more than they should have. But...

...they were so true.
Back to top Go down
Romanov57

Romanov57

PostSubject: Re: BORED OUT OF MY MIND!   BORED OUT OF MY MIND! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 3:39 pm

I nod my head slowly.
"Truth . . . Veritas. . . .Verity. . . .I was named for the truth of dawn. For the hope that never ends. It may be cliche but my father told me I must never let the truth of hope fade like the dawn."
I slump farther into my chair, feeling cold and hollow.
Back to top Go down
squishylicious

squishylicious

PostSubject: Re: BORED OUT OF MY MIND!   BORED OUT OF MY MIND! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 9:14 pm

There was a gnawing feeling in my gut but I dismissed it.

"That's amazing..." I choked out.

Somehow having a meaning behind you really does help.
Back to top Go down
Romanov57

Romanov57

PostSubject: Re: BORED OUT OF MY MIND!   BORED OUT OF MY MIND! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 1:19 pm

I shake my head, my hair swaying gracefully.
"Not really. . . .All I've ever gotten is lies in my life. . . who I am from my father. . . my mother. . from my father. . . . .my powers from my mother. . . . Not exactly the great truth of the world. . . "
Back to top Go down
squishylicious

squishylicious

PostSubject: Re: BORED OUT OF MY MIND!   BORED OUT OF MY MIND! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 2:57 pm

I could understand...lies were a permanent structure in memory.

"But, you know, you still know your own truths. Besides, the past isn't all that important when you look into the future. Remember that and make every day your day," I told her.

You should follow your own advice, half-wit, I thought to myself.
Back to top Go down
Romanov57

Romanov57

PostSubject: Re: BORED OUT OF MY MIND!   BORED OUT OF MY MIND! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 3:56 pm

The future.
"My future was a lie too. My mother told me. . . ." I was sure she didn't want to hear my sob story so I stopped.
Back to top Go down
squishylicious

squishylicious

PostSubject: Re: BORED OUT OF MY MIND!   BORED OUT OF MY MIND! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 2:11 pm

I felt disappointed and for a second I wanted to sift through her memories to find out the stories myself, but, I was only intrusive to an enemy.

"Please, go on, I'm interested," I told her.

I gave her a reassuring smile and prayed to whichever Titan or God there was that she would finish.
Back to top Go down
Romanov57

Romanov57

PostSubject: Re: BORED OUT OF MY MIND!   BORED OUT OF MY MIND! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 2:30 pm

I sigh and strech up.
"It's a long story. . . ."
I take a deep breathe and begin.
"As a daughter of Eos, I am an heiress to the throne of dawn. Every child is, but my father was special to Eos. She chose me as a leader of hope. To bring honor and pride to the dawn. But to do that, I must marry the oldest son of the Hesperides, goddesses of the sunset. Unfortunatly, my mother didn't tell me until the night before the wedding. She came to me in a dream and told me I was special chosen, this was an honor. The oldest son of the Hesperides was nearly 400 years old, with a vast fortune. But I didn't marry him, as you can tell. I ran away from home, well what was left of it. My father had been killed so nothing was holding me back. . . ."
Back to top Go down
squishylicious

squishylicious

PostSubject: Re: BORED OUT OF MY MIND!   BORED OUT OF MY MIND! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 7:47 pm

I gasped. There was a gnawing feeling in the back of my head, ever so persistent. Tell her. Tell her about the hellhound attack. Tell her how the hellhound REALLY died, Demia. Tell her.

"Since you had a chance to tell your story, it seems courteous enough for me to tell you mine," I sighed.

"Way before I was in Camp Half-Titan, two years ago to be exact, a hellhound from the deepest pits of Tartarus had sniffed me out and attacked my house, my dad, and I. My dad managed to remain virtually unscathed but I couldn't say the same for my house. When the hellhound turned to me I was scared out of my wits, all I had was a pair of shearing scissors.

"Finally, after what felt like a horribly cliche western stare-down, he pounced. I held up the shearing scissors just as a flash of lightning completely annihilated it. When I opened my eyes I was covered in monster dust. I didn't realize until after I was claimed by Mnemosyne that the lightning wasn't a freak accident. I remembered the story of Zeus and Mnemosyne and how Mnemosyne bore his children, the Muses and came to the conclusion that Zeus, god of the sky had a soft spot for the children of Mnemosyne.

"Once again, I didn't do something on my own and that devastated me. I wonder why I'm here sometimes, for people to do things for me? Sometimes I just wanna give up if I can't stop being babied around. I'm never gonna learn if no one wants to teach me," I relayed.

I waited with baited breath for her response, returning to twiddle with the tail of my braid.

Last edited by squishylicious on Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : THE PAST TENSE RULE WAS VIOLATED! RAPED! D:)
Back to top Go down
Romanov57

Romanov57

PostSubject: Re: BORED OUT OF MY MIND!   BORED OUT OF MY MIND! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 4:27 pm

"The gods think we're their playthings. . . ."
Back to top Go down
squishylicious

squishylicious

PostSubject: Re: BORED OUT OF MY MIND!   BORED OUT OF MY MIND! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 6:22 pm

I scoffed.

"You've got that right. I mean, they think they're better than us and they're kids are snobs. I just want someone to knock them off their damn high horse," I growled.

Sometimes I hated the gods more than I hated being babied around.

And that's a lot.
Back to top Go down
Romanov57

Romanov57

PostSubject: Re: BORED OUT OF MY MIND!   BORED OUT OF MY MIND! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 6:23 pm

I nod. But I don't want to talk about this. My eyes well up and I don't stop it. Tears stream from my eyes for no good reason and i want it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BORED OUT OF MY MIND!   BORED OUT OF MY MIND! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BORED OUT OF MY MIND!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Titan :: Camp :: The Main Cabin :: The Den-
Jump to: